top of page


Before requesting legal assistance, you should ensure that your legal issue falls within one of the below service areas. If your issue does not relate to tenancy, employment law or workplace discrimination, we will endeavour to to provide you with a referral to a community legal service, organisation, government body or private practitioner that may be able to assist you with your legal issue. 


Students can be vulnerable to issues relating to renting a home. We can provide legal advice to tenants to assist in resolving housing related issues.


We know that students may face issues in the workplace. We provide legal advice on workplace issues including bullying, dismissal and disciplinary action, minimum conditions, employment contracts, underpayments, and more.

Workplace Discrimination

You may be directly or indirectly treated differently to others. We can provide legal advice on discrimination in the workplace. Please note that we cannot advise on discrimination outside of the workplace.

Frequently Asked Questions

1 / What types of tenancy issues can I request advice on?

Common tenancy issues include: 

  • Your landlord terminating your lease, or evicting you 

  • You want to break your lease

  • Your landlord will not repair or maintain certain amenities

  • You are behind on paying rent

  • You have a dispute about your bond

  • You are concerned about your privacy and security in your rental property

  • Boarding, lodging or accommodation agreements

If in doubt, submit a request for assistance form to see if we can assist.​

2 / What types of workplace issues can I request advice on?

Common workplace law issues include: 

  • Being dismissed, or threatened to be dismissed by your employer

  • Your employer treating you poorly because you ask about your pay, take leave, have a disability

  • Your employer is not paying you properly

  • Your employer trying to prevent you from working somewhere else 

  • Being bullied, discriminated against or sexually harassed at work

  • Your employer trying to change your contract without your permission 

If in doubt, submit a request for assistance form to see if we can assist.​

3 / I am not a student at UWA. Can you help?

Unfortunately, SLAC is not currently able to assist members of the general community who are not UWA students.

4 / I need help urgently. What should I do?

Submit a Request For Assistance as soon as possible. While you wait to hear from SLAC, you may explore Circle Green Community Legal's information resources:

You remain responsible for meeting any time limits or limitation periods. 

SLAC pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of Whadjuk Noongar Boodja and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Sovereignty has never been ceded. It always was and always will be, Aboriginal land.

bottom of page